xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Grouping lists from flat to nested

2011-01-31 07:18:07
Hello Martin,

I've chunked my grouping attempts and indeed there is another grouping
happening later (dividing the headers with the following elements into
nested sections) but here I only wanted to group the lists properly. I
found it rather confusing to group too much at a time. To answer your
question: I would not want to nest the p elements. I've just added the
level attribute here to prevent these elements from being nested
within the lists (because that's what happening if i remove the
attribute).

Thank you very much for asking!
Kind regards,
Stefanie Haupt

In your posted input sample you only seem to have "item" elements with a
"level" attribute being different from 0 and any wrapping/nesting is only
done on those item elements.
Can there be also "p" or "head" elements with "level" being different from
0? Do you want to wrap/nest those too?

--

       Martin Honnen
       http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/