xsl-list

Re: [xsl] cannot remove indentation [XSLT 1.0]

2011-03-17 08:07:50
Whoops... you?re right of course; it?s been a while.  I always try to
make sure the declarations are the way I want them in the root
stylesheet, just to avoid unexpected results from that conflict
resolution, though.  I guess I should have phrased my advice that way.
(-:

Found error I had indent="no" in my main style sheet. I think I am having
one of those days.

But the question arises this is something I've just noticed and till date
it has not effected the output xml(no indentation). I assume this could be
the reason because most of the other "included" stylesheet modules have
them defined both strip-space="*" and indent="no".

Does that mean that because all them were "included" [high precedence]
that is the reason it has no effect. What should be best practice to
declare the "indentation" and "strip-space", while working on different
modules. I have declared the above said in my each and every stylesheet
whether it is being imported or included and I don't think that is
required and declaring them in the "main" stylesheet is suffice at least
for the same type of result.

TIA,
--Pankaj