xsl-list

Re: [xsl] what am I doing wrong with except and intersect?

2011-03-20 12:14:49
Thanks for the replies!

Looked it over. That's great news.
https://dnovatchev.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/the-set-datatype-implemented-in-xpath-3-0/

The thought comes of a Binary Decision Diagram implementation of sets.

I took part in some research that represented objects with a set of
values as a Shared Binary Decision Diagram allowing for perhaps an
easy set:similarity check for example such that if two objects share a
node on a given level they have a similarity such that some values are
equal, perhaps at the element level or perhaps only a part of a string
which might be useful for a small combination of characters. If they
share a top level node their values are equal. I wonder if something
like this be useful or desired for xml sets of objects?

http://www.rac.es/ficheros/doc/00157.pdf

In the end I found that for rough set analysis the tree would have
required a reverse threading in order to be able to determine quickly
given one object which others ones are equal or similar to it. I
wonder how that representation would compare to other approaches?

Thanks

Alex