xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XML text search & replace

2011-03-23 09:04:01
On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 08:50 -0500, a kusa wrote:

There is a requirement to search for a particular pattern in XML
documents and replace them by reading another XML file and copying
over the replacement text correcpinding to the original text.  I have
been trying to use <xsl:analyze-string> in xslt 2.0. but I am not sure
how to read another XML file using this tag.

If this is homework, go read the assigned text :-)

If not... yes, you can read the other file with doc(), and if it's
simple text rather than patterns, you can use contains() in a template
that matches text().

Liam

Pictures from old books: http://www.fromoldbooks.org/
Occasional blog: http://www.barefootliam.org/