xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Multiple/conditional import problem

2011-05-26 09:31:56
Thanks again! It helps me to see the picture - it's not as trivial as
I expected...

Wouldn't <xsl:import> (with a subsiduary stylesheet) make more sense
than <xsl:include>? I could call them master.xsl and default.xsl for
example. Then I wouldn't need to care about template clashes, which is
totally possible if I don't control the imported stylesheets.

the only problem is that then your default template for property/vale will
always win as import precedence trumps priority.
So use xsl:include rather than  xsl:import

If you do want to use xsl:import keep your general framework in the top
stylesheet but put your default templates such as
<xsl:template match="property/value">
   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsltemplate>

into a subsidurary stylesheet that is imported last so has lower import
precedence than your property-specific styles,