xsl-list

[xsl] xmlns="" added to output

2011-06-28 13:48:45
I use an XSLT to transform an XML document output from a program into an XML
document that will match an XML schema.   Some of the original XML is copied as
is, some is thrown out and some is altered in some way in order for the final
document to validate against the schema.   This XSLT, and others like it, have
worked fine for several years in a WAS 5 and then WAS 6 environment, but now,
in WAS 7, the XML tags that are just copied as is, have xmlns="" in them.
Tags that are actually being transformed in some way are still fine.

Example, a tag that was returned as <GEOLOCCode>MHMV</GEOLOCCode> is now
returned as
<GEOLOCCode xmlns="">MHMV</GEOLOCCode> and thus won't validate against the
schema which causes errors.

Our WAS 6.1 environment uses the XSLT4J processor and the WAS 7 environment
uses the XL TXE-J processor.  Is the different processor the problem?  Below is
how I copy the entire original XML document to the new document:
<xsl:template
match="*"><xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:copy></xsl:template>

Then, I use template matches to either delete unwanted tags or modify tags.
Anything that isn't deleted or modified is left copied into the new document as
is.  Examples:

Delete a tag: <xsl:template match="Fuel"/>
Modify a tag: <xsl:template
match="AircraftStatus"><MaintenanceStatusCode><xsl:value-of
select="."/></MaintenanceStatusCode></xsl:template>

Any idea on how I can overcome this problem?