xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How do I force the XSLT processor to retain a namespace declaration despite an ancestor element having that same namespace declaration?

2011-07-25 12:10:28
Costello, Roger L. wrote:

  Hi,

How do I force the XSLT processor to retain that namespace
declaration and not discard it? (I am passing the <inner>
element to other functions that don't have access to its
surrounding elements, so I need that namespace declaration
retained.)

  I am not sure what you mean by "I am passing the <inner>
element to other functions".  If you use XML tools (without any
further infos, I guess you are still in XSLT here, but then I
don't understand why you'd bother about serialization here), if
you use XML tools there is no problem, the namespace declaration
is in scope.  If you use any string or file content manipulation,
then yes, you have a problem.

  I'm afraid you'll need to describe your problem more precisely.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/