xsl-list

[xsl] Returning a sequence of text nodes from xsl:apply-templates

2011-07-26 08:36:35
Hi! I may be fundamentally failing to understand how this works, but I've been
trying to obtain a sequence result from xsl:apply-templates, where I am looking
for each text result to be a member of the final sequence. There are no nodes
or tags in the results.

I have

<xsl:variable name="resultVar" as="item() *">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="$nodeList" />
</xsl:variable>

As I have said, my expectation was that I would get a sequence, one entry per
node in $nodeList.

However when I use

<xsl:value-of select="$resultVar" separator="$separatorVar" />

I get only a single output of all the concatenated results, without a separator.

I'm using Saxon b 9.1 and xsl 2.0.

Any suggestions as to where my understanding has failed would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yours,

Clint Redwood

Screwtape Limited, Registered 06663232, Babington House, 26 College Road,
Chilwell, Nottingham NG9 4AS