xsl-list

[xsl] strange error message parsing xslt : namespace missing + function

2011-08-23 22:32:32
Hi all,

Maybe it's more an xslt implementation question, but might not be off topics here (?)

Here is an dummy XSLT 2 stylesheet with functions and on purposed xmlns declaration omission (abuse use of copy-namespaces="no"...):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="2.0"

<!--xmlns:my="http://www.my.org"-->

<xsl:function name="my:foo" as="item()">
<xsl:value-of select="'foo'"/>
</xsl:function>

<xsl:function name="my:bar" as="item()">
<xsl:value-of select="'bar'"/>
</xsl:function>

</xsl:stylesheet>

I then get this error in both oXygen and Jedit :
   Duplicate function declaration (see line 9 of ...)

When adding the commented xmlns declaration to xsl:stylesheet, the error disapear.

I search a long time among my "many functions xslt" but i couldn't any duplicated function.

Am I wrong or this error message is not appropriated?
I'm not sure which XSLT parser is used in my IDE (xalan, saxon?), but it seems there is a bug here, no?

Comments or explanation welcome :-)

Regards,
Matthieu

--