xsl-list

[xsl] Re: Wrong indentation with javax.xml.transform.Transformer

2011-09-20 10:49:09
On 9/20/2011 5:16 PM, G. Ken Holman wrote: [...]

Thanks, yes in retrospect you are right: my mistake was to think about it
imperatively but under the cover it's an XSLT stylesheet, which is declarative,
and therefore has no reason to do anything when it is already at the desired
destination.

> And "pretty" (which fits well with the XSLT 1 use of the technical term
"nicely")
> is in the eye of the beholder.

I think everyone's definition of pretty-printing output would include a clause
that nodes at the same logical level, e.g., a tag and its closing counterpart,
should be indented by the same amount. Otherwise the tree is out of whack.

-- O.L.