xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Hash / Translation Tables (the right way)

2011-09-25 18:05:27
At 2011-09-26 00:00 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
On 25/09/2011 23:40, G. Ken Holman wrote:
   document('')/*/hank:months/month[@abbr=lower-case($mon)]/@num
That's common practice but I've never seen any advantage over using a separate document.

The advantage to me is that it is self-contained without having to manage the presence of the separate XML document.

When I'm using fragmented stylesheets and the structure is in another XSLT fragment, I'm not worried about managing it because I have to have the fragment around anyway for the import/include hierarchy.

Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com