xsl-list

Re: [xsl] () eq () vs () = ()

2011-09-30 08:28:41
If () = () is false, then it's intuitive (to me) that deep-equal((),
()) is also false.  The one liner saying that it should be true just
seems like it could easily say false.

No, that would be wrong/confusing. deep-equal returns true because the
sequences are the same, = returns false because no items in either sequence
are equal.

To parapharse:

The sequences are the *same*, but no items in either sequence are equal.

Ok, that takes a little pondering, but I can get that.

So, now that () and () are the same, why does () eq () not return true?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com