xsl-list

[xsl] XSL-FO meetup @ XML Prague 2012 ???

2011-10-25 05:51:45
XML Prague 2012 [1] is this year including a pre-conference day on Friday,
10 March 2012 that is open to just about any sort of event.

The W3C XML Print and Page Layout Working Group [3] is looking at holding
a XSL-FO meetup at the pre-conference day.  If we get enough interest
(from people who'll be at the conference), then we can ask the organisers
for a room.

The format and content is totally undecided at this point and, as with
whether or not the event even goes ahead, will depend on your feedback.
Possible ideas include:

 - Update on the XSL-FO 2.0 work

 - 'Ignite'-style lightning talks on XSL-FO

 - XSL-FO tutorial (sub)session

You can express your interest by responding by private email or by
registering your interest on Lanyrd.com (http://lanyrd.com/cfhpp) or
LinkedIn [4] (and sorry for using means that require you to register, but
it's the network effect: both places already had XML-Prague-related
events/forums).  If you're interested in presenting, that would be even
better.

We have until late November to confirm whether we need a room, but it
would be better to have an idea of numbers sooner rather than later.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham(_at_)mentea(_dot_)net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming