xsl-list

[xsl] [possibly off topic] Adoption Rates and Future

2011-11-02 14:55:02
Hi,

Please forgive me if this is off topic, or point me to another list, (or just ignore)

At a previous job, I built a application/website that for the most part was
entirely scripted in XML -- eXist database, XSTLT, XForms.  Having moved
on, they could not find much interest in filling the job and likely the
application will get ported to "LAMP" with limited features and the
job role more of a data analyst.

Having built an entirely open source (and free) application using W3C
standards with several excellent books for training and helpful mailing
lists, I am wondering why there should be any lack of interest, though
granted the university system has some challenges hiring from the
private sector when it comes to IT.

Perhaps it isn't clear the XML is a technology stack, not simply a
file format.  When sitting on J2EE applications, it is using the Java
character encoding, real number and date handling -- I18N and
various floating point issues are consistently handled.

Is there a good list of XML/XSLT/etc. based applications?  Where
can reference as examples that use the technology?

Thank you,
Hank

--
Louis (Hank) Ratzesberger