xsl-list

[xsl] Re: Safe Upgrade to XSLT 2.0

2011-12-03 02:52:45
Hello Bram,

three proposals come to mind. If you insist on reliability, consider using the
Saxon; if performance is an issue, I suppose the Saxon would be a good choice;
if you insist on conformance to the spec, I would recommend the Saxon. Things
get more complicated, however,  if the Java API must be mature (contrary to the
JAXP APIs...), supporting, for example, the XDM data model, thread safety and
the integration of Java extension functions. If so, I would resort to the Saxon.

Kind regards,
Hans-Juergen

Hello,

In our organisation we develop an webapplication based on XSLT and
Java.
The xslt part of de application is my responsibility. We are
using
xslt1.0 with xalan-J as the xslt processor. Java version is 6. It's
my
wish to upgrade to xslt2.0, so the first part is find an
alternative
for the xslt1.0 processor xalan-J. One of the big issues is
the
performance of the processor. What suggestions are there for a
xslt2.0
processor for a Java environment.

Regards
Bram