xsl-list

Re: [xsl] sanely ordering template imports?

2011-12-06 14:24:51
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:04, G. Ken Holman
<gkholman(_at_)cranesoftwrights(_dot_)com> wrote:
Top-level constructs are global across all stylesheet fragments regardless
of the order of import.  The only time you need to worry about the order of
import is when like-named top-level constructs are found in more than one
fragment.

Yep, I had know than the 2nd import wasn't necessary due to anything
w/re to the stylesheet structure, but only because of that error
message I was complaining about.

That your fragment is reporting a problem in oXygen is likely that you have
not configured a validation scenario for your stylesheet fragments.  You
should be validating each fragment using the top-most content.xsl as the
validation scenario.  Then oXygen will act like an XSLT processor and find
all of the globals.

Thank you, that did help.  I hadn't been aware that Oxygen allowed one
to change the entry point for the validation.  I asked a friend who
has pointed out that newer versions of Oxygen actually indicate this
in the error message they display.

Jim