xsl-list

[xsl] Using multiple columns based on content

2011-12-15 08:03:36
Is it possible to switch between one or two columns on a specific page, based
on the fact if content is available for a specific column.
I'm making a template for brochures, where the first page has a two-column
layout, and all other pages just one column (and this one column has the same
width as columns 1 and 2 of the first page). The content on the first page
starts in the left column and than flows to the next page where there is only
one column (so, it doesn't flow in the second column on the first page, they
are not 'connected'). The second column on the first page is used for
additional information.
However, there are situations where the second column on the first page is not
enough to show all additional information. In these situations I want the next
page to also have a second column, so I can flow the remainig additional
information from the first page into that second column on the next page.

How to accomplish this.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Toon van der Struijk

Art Director

Seneca

Elektronicaweg 31

2628 XG Delft, Nederland

T +31 (0)15 - 251 37 00

F +31 (0)15 - 251 37 01

M  +31 (0)6 - 1309 0937

E aecvanderstruijk(_at_)seneca(_dot_)nl

Op dit mailbericht is onze disclaimer van kracht.