xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Entities

2012-02-06 05:03:18
Szabo, Patrick (LNG-VIE) wrote:

How can I declare that I do not wan't entities to be resolved ?
I've tried different output methods but that didn't work.
The entities are in hex-format.

That sounds as if you are talking about hexadecimal character references, not entities or entity references. In the XSLT data model the XSLT processor operates on there are neither entity references nor character references, the processor simply operates on a tree with text nodes containing Unicode characters.

The only way to be able to preserve character references is to mark them up as needed before the XSLT processor works, I think Andrew's LexEx http://andrewjwelch.com/lexev/ does that for you on the Java platform. That way you get nodes you can operate on in XSLT

--

        Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/