xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [XSL-FO] Way to include an outside stylesheet?

2012-02-08 03:47:21
Wendell Piez wrote:

  Hi,

"XSL", in fact, properly means the combination of XSLT and
XSL-FO, even if it's also commonly used to mean XSLT without
XSL-FO.

  Even worse...  Some people use it to refer to XSLT (like an
"abbreviation" of XSLT, mainly because of the usual extension
.xsl I guess).  Some people use it to refer to XSL-FO, as the XSL
spec actually refers to the XSLT spec, but includes (and is) the
spec body for XSL-FO.  And I guess some people use it to refer to
XSL, but I rarely have the opportunity to speak about XSL as a
whole ;-)

  My rule of thumb: always use either XSLT or XSL-FO, and if you
hear XSL, ask for precision.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges