xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Rule of thumb: Are XPath 2.0 or XSLT 2.0 constructs faster?

2012-02-09 07:53:13
2012/2/9 Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>:
I like pure XPath solutions because they are less verbose, but I find
"full" XSLT less restricting and easier to debug (especially when I
want to check what variable holds what value).

Since about 6 months oXygen has implemented stepping through an XPath
expression (not sure about setting breakpoints). Thus there should be
no difference in debugging XPath code and XSLT code with oXygen.

Interesting.  How exactly does that work?

Thomas W.