xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Similarity metric in XSLT 2?

2012-03-30 15:24:58
I can only affirm that I'd be interested in such a library, too.

The last time that I needed string similarity metrics (4 yrs ago), I used Perl with XML::LibXML and String::Similarity.

If there were such a module / extension function for XPath / XSLT, I'd probably used it more often. If you find a Java library that is easy to interface with from Java-based XSLT processors, please let me know. I think that Levenshtein or more advanced algorithms will be too slow when implemented in XSLT, but may be readily available as an extension function.

Gerrit

On 2012-03-30 20:18, Martin Holmes wrote:
Hi all,

I'm faced with a situation in which I have to match an input string
against a set of possible candidates, and I need to find the match which
is most similar to it (I'm trying to identify correspondences between
two sets of files which have similar, but not identical, content).

Has anyone done anything like measuring string similarity in XSLT 2.0?
If so, how did you approach it?

All help appreciated,
Martin

--~--

--
Gerrit Imsieke
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director

Geschäftsführer: Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek,
Thomas Schmidt, Dr. Reinhard Vöckler