xsl-list

Re: [xsl] is it possible to resize an image to display smaller than the original

2012-03-31 07:39:32
David Ryan wrote:
I have an image location name being passed in the xml.

<Photo>/RPT/0000718.jpg</Photo>

The actual image is 8" x 10" and I need to display it on the resulting
.pdf in a size of 3" x 3"

I am using the following to retrieve the file location and display the image:

   <xsl:element name="fo:external-graphic">
   <xsl:attribute name="src">file:<xsl:value-of
select="/data/Photo"/></xsl:attribute>
   </xsl:element>

I guess I have two questions.

2. Is the way I am retrieving/processing the image filename the
best/most efficient way to do so?

I would simply use a literal result element with e.g.
  <fo:external-graphic src="file:{/data/Photo}"/>
of course making sure the xsl:stylesheet element binds the prefix 'fo' to the XSL-FO namespace.

--

        Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/