xsl-list

Re: [xsl] "Tunneling" a parameter in document order

2012-04-13 03:02:32
Hi,

Post a small complete sample input covering the various possibilities,
along with the required output for that input.

Before going further: I do *not* want anyone to create an XSLT that
transforms the sample source to the desired result below! That would be time
well wasted. I'm merely interested in ideas on how to tackle such a kind (or
class?) of problem.

Trying to describe the problem at a high level, that would essentially be:
Keeping a (virtual) global variable's value current while doing a depth-first
traversal of a document, where the variable's value is not scoped by either
the document's element hierarchy, nor the nesting of XSLT template calls.

Hoping to have gotten them right :-), here are source and desired result:

As I asked for the sample I should probably just say: that example is
way too complicated for me, it would require investing a fair amount
of time just to understand the requirement.  Someone else might
though.

Any chance of a much simpler example that I could understand in 5 mins?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com