xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Can I evaluate the value of <fo:page-number-citation>?

2012-04-23 17:42:42
On Mon, April 23, 2012 9:50 pm, charlieo0(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net wrote:
I need to create a reference to the last page of a work package to build a
list of effective pages. If the work package has content on an odd number
of pages, the last page (even) is blank. I have a reference-able @id on
this page. If the work package ends on an even number page, that is last
page of the work package. I have a reference-able @id on this page.

What I need to do is evaluate the page number for last page (non-blank)
that contains content. Knowing where the content ends is easy enough,
there is generated text in an <fo:block> that tells the user the work
package has ended. What I need to know is, is that page even or odd? Is
this possible?

You haven't said what XSL-FO processor you are using.

Assuming your XSL-FO processor supports them, have you looked at using
fo:page-number-citation-last [1] and the "page-citation-strategy" [2]
property?

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham(_at_)mentea(_dot_)net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_page-number-citation-last
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#page-citation-strategy