xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Pattern-Matching / Regular Expression Types

2012-04-26 17:35:09
You could try taking a look at Gunther Rademacher's REX parser generator. I've found it hard to find information about it, other than mentions by people who have used it for some rather interesting projects. Basically, if I understand it correctly, given an EBNF grammar, it generates a parser for that grammar written in XQuery. Most of the examples seem to be parsers for textual languages (i.e. where the tokens of the language being parsed are made up of characters) but I don't see any reason in principle why it shouldn't also parse a language where the tokens of the language are element nodes.

Michael Kay
Saxonica