xsl-list

Re: [xsl] where did doc-available() come from?

2012-05-21 13:38:21
On 21/05/2012 18:08, Mark Giffin wrote:
In my 2004 version of XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference by Kay, which
I've been using for many years, there is no doc-available() function. I
have recently seen mention of this function in forums, and it sounded
very useful, but it confused me because I'd never heard of it. But in my
Kindle version of the same book copyrighted 2008, it has
doc-available(). Was this added to the spec between '04 and '08? I've
been missing out.

Mark

when starting a new thread please don't reply to an existing message (this message is in the unix epoch thread) the function appeared in 2005, specifically in this working draft:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xpath-functions-20050211/#status

[Just start with the xpath 2 rec and hit "previous version" link until a search for the function fails.]

 David