xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Implementing Conditional Text

2012-06-13 15:37:35
At 2012-06-13 20:20 +0000, Craig Sampson wrote:
Thanks for all the responses. We're taking the advice and implementing this using a span like element for inline text situations and condition attributes on div like elements where we will permit conditional content. We're going to keep processing-instructions for setting the conditions since our users want to be able to define and switch conditions on and off at any point in a document.

While I, like others, have always implemented conditional text by using attributes, I've had the flexibility of changing the DTD or having another DTD with the additional attributes.

From a processing side I think there are inherent challenges working with the nesting of conditional sections and the use of different PIs to start and to stop the condition portions. From an authoring side I think there are inherent risks that the author isn't going to wrap content properly and will break element boundaries.