xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [FO] image on even, table on odd, repeating image if the table is more than one page

2012-07-12 05:18:34
Hey,

I tried this again, and remember what went wrong last time I tried.
FOP does something pretty weird.
It forces the first row of the table (not the header) on the first even page
All the other even pages are empty, so that is OK,
and I don't loose any rows (other than the first one)

I set the body height to zero like this

        <simple-page-master master-name="frame-even"
            page-height="297mm" page-width="210mm"
            margin-top="15mm" margin-bottom="15mm"
            margin-left="15mm" margin-right="15mm">
            <region-body region-name="frame-body"
                margin-top="160mm" margin-bottom="106.999mm"
            />
            <region-before extent="10mm" region-name="frame-image"/>
        </simple-page-master>

Is this what you had in mind?

I now figured out that I can introduce a first row with empty cells,
and since I don't need borders in the table, that works just fine.
I have my work-around, all the table rows correctly on the odd page
and my image repeating on the even page

But I hate to rely on a flaw in the processor, since that is bound to break in pretty near future

Is there a different way to set the body height?
If not, I will start digging for another FO processor

Thanks for your help so far

Geert

At 09:20 12/07/2012, you wrote:
Am 11.07.2012 13:32, schrieb Geert Bormans:
> I have a part list table that I need to show on the odd page of a PDF
> I have an image that goes with the part list, that I have to show on the
> even page.
> In case the table breaks over multiple pages, I need to keep the table
> on the odd pages only
> and I need to repeat the image on each opposite even page.
>
> Does anyone have an idea on how to do this?

If you can define a page sequence for the part list, define a
page master alternative where the odd pages have the usual body region
dimensions, and the even pages define a body region with height zero
(or 0.0001cm in case the formatter pukes on a zero height body), and
put the image in the appropriately extended region-before.

J.Pietschmann