xsl-list

[xsl] RE: ISO8859-1 encoding

2012-08-19 01:09:34
but my customer will be hard to convince to throw yet another technology
on his server

Perhaps you should be convincing your customer to replace the tool that
writes the encoding name incorrectly? I know of no alias in character set
assignments that should accept ISO8859-1 as valid.

ISO_8859-1 or preferably ISO-8859-1

Kevin Brown
RenderX
------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 10:58:04 +0200
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
From: Geert Bormans <geert(_at_)gbormans(_dot_)telenet(_dot_)be>
Subject: ISO8859-1 encoding

Hi all,

I need to deal with XML that has this encoding="ISO8859-1", I am not sure
about this, some parsers seem to accept it

I am using Saxon command-line on a win 2008 server.
I am using collection() since I have to combine a bunch of these XML into
one resulting XML

Saxon throws an error because of the encoding.
I assume it is the underlying parser that does this

What are my options to make Saxon accept this encoding?

My last resort would be to have a Ruby or Python up front that transforms
the encoding="ISO8859-1"
into
encoding="ISO-8859-1"
but my customer will be hard to convince to throw yet another technology on
his server

Thanks in advance

Geert