xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Need to render input document as string form of XML in output

2012-09-11 13:01:50
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Wendell Piez
<wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:
Chris,

On 9/11/2012 12:24 PM, Chris Wolf wrote:

That looks pretty good, unfortunately, the company I work for is very
picky about licenses and they only accept certain Open Source
licenses.  At least Hermann's code has no such copyright on it
(Hermann, please correct me if I'm wrong), so I can just assert
"I found it on the Internet", but maybe the lawyers won't even go for
that, but in any case, they would probably have an issue with the
copyright-without-license even though re-distribution is granted.   I
will need to check with them in either case...

Understood. The good news is none of the techniques are particularly
innovative (however well executed), so in the worst case you could simply
lift and adapt.

On the other hand, you may also find that a general solution is rather
tricky -- mainly because one's ideas of what makes a good serialization
(including such questions as how whitespace is rendered and/or inserted) may
be somewhat demanding. For example, do you have to take care with quote
marks appearing in attribute values?

Cheers,
Wendell

So far, I only need this for diagnostic/logging purposes. i.e. it
doesn't have to be parseable or even well-formed (but that would be
confusing)

Are you implying that the xml-2-string.xsl implementation is more robust?

Thanks,

    -Chris