xsl-list

Re: [xsl] position last and attributes

2012-09-20 08:58:06
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
wrote:
PS people that care about ordering still use relational databases.

I think you mean that they use SQL databases. One of the major differences
between a SQL database and a relational database is in its approach to
ordering - in the relational model, columns are unordered but in SQL they
are ordered. If we're going to discuss angels on pinheads, we need
precision.

Agreed and a whole slew of issues derive from the fact that an SQL
database is not a faithful representation of the relational model.