xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: Grouping flat HTML at multiple levels

2012-10-05 10:52:56
Mark,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Mark Peters
<markpeters(_dot_)work(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
You're very kind to respond to my request. Thanks for your
suggestions. Unfortunately, I only had a few days to create the
stylesheets. I ended up writing a short series of stylesheets that
handled different areas of grouping separately. My solution was
similar to the first one you describe below. With my limited
knowledge, I was able to take the transformation about 90% of the way.
I'll need to spend some time in manual cleanup mode, but that's okay.

Yes, it's been a week. :-)

A series of stylesheets amounts to pipelining ... so more like the
second solution (unless there's some of the first solution in there).
In any case it's good you have it under control.

FWIW I don't think your XSLT knowledge is quite as limited as you
suggest. You're doing a couple of non-obvious things there.

Cheers,
Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables