xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Problem with extracting text from svg file

2012-10-10 10:26:23
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 08:15:00AM +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
Actually, it shouldn't even be necessary to use catalogs. Saxon 9.4 has
built in copies of commonly-used W3C DTDs including this one, and if you
use default parsing options for your source file then Saxon should
automatically direct the XML parser to these local copies.

If you are using 9.4 and this isn't happening, it would be useful to
know exactly how you invoke the transformation.

The error message

java.net.UnknownHostException:www.w3.org

suggests to me a slightly different problem. That's not the normal failure
you get when trying to retrieve DTDs from the W3C web site (the most common
symptom is a long delay followed possibly by an HTTP timeout).

If you're running from the command line, try the -t option which may give
more clues as to what's going on.

I can confirm that using the 9.4HE version did indeed work as is without
catalogs.

This is good to know, but i think i will also try and get it running with
catalog support as i haven;t used those and think i ought to add knowing how to
do that!

thanks,

Russ