xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Modify Value of a Parameter Globally Within a Template

2012-11-12 11:22:06

On 12/11/2012 17:07, Lisa Jiang wrote:
Dear All,

Is there a specific way to change the value of a parameter within a
call to another template and then use the resulting value for tests in
the original template? Or just change the value of a parameter within
a template that then reflects globally? I've included some simple,
example code on what I would like to do.

No, you can't do it this way: this isn't the way functional languages work.

If you can step up a couple of levels and describe the problem (that is, the input and output of the transformation and their relationship to each other) then we can try and find the right approach for you.

Michael Kay
Saxonica