xsl-list

Re: [xsl] unparsed text

2012-11-16 09:22:03
On 11/16/2012 11:45 AM, Andrew Welch wrote:
The other thing worth mentioning is the 'default initial template' in
3.0.... what was the end result there?

3.0 will provide a default initial template, which you get by naming the
template xsl:initial-template. However, since the XSLT spec doesn't define
APIs, the exact effect depends on the API design. On the Saxon command line
I'll probably change it so -it without an option value means
-it:xsl:initial-template.

ahh xsl:initial-template, I like it, much better than
default-initial-template="main"  : )

Regarding the api, is it possible to not need the -it switch at all,
and just always start with the xsl:initial-template if its present?

I see it as replacing initial template and mode altogether, much
cleaner to just have a single entry point and go from there based on
parameter values.

Much cleaner IMHO

regards

--