xsl-list

Re: [xsl] efficient traversal of combined collections in XSLT 3.0

2012-11-27 04:03:38
On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 02:04:14PM +0000, Andrew Welch scripsit:
It doesn't work on the full data set; 16 GB of RAM isn't enough to do this
to 4 GB of data.  Various wheels are in motion to get more RAM.

Have a look at saxon:discard-document()

http://saxonica.com/documentation9.4-demo/html/extensions/functions/discarddocument.html

"for $x in collection(....) return saxon:discard-document($x)"

I had looked at that, and I was using it wrong so it wouldn't let go.

saxon:discard-document($x)//link[@cite[normalize-space()] is legal
syntax and provides the expected results but apparently confuses the
processor about when it can let go if there's a subsequent reference to
content in $x, even if there's a distinct collection statement for that
second chunk of content.

Also, I'd separate out the process into two transforms, the first to
construct some xml containing document uris and the links, then the
2nd to check if the target exists.

The intermediate-document approach works much better than the
stuff-this-in-a-variable approach.  I find that a bit counter-intuitive,
but am going to remember it for cases on this sale.

Thank you!

-- Graydon