xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Are there any free, fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processors?

2013-01-28 03:36:15
I guess I'd qualify as a "once or twice a year" user of XSLT/XPath,
but I do follow this list while trying to filter out the "interesting"
posts, just to keep an ear on the "Xground".

As it stands, I don't think X* 3.0 will be overly attractive, although
usage of XML technologies will keep increasing in my organisation. Not
being able to play with any of the innovative features is certainly
one of the reasons.

Not addressing any SW provider in particular: -
There are models where SW isn't OS, but you (or someone) can
still investigate it. Getting a limited (by time or functionality or quantity)
version is one way. (Any company with a reasonable ethics standard
will not abuse such an opportunity.) Some give free (or almost free)
licenses to
educational units, where students get it to know and might carry the
torch into the business world. I don't know how valuable the feedback
(bugs, feature requests,...) from non-paying users is, but this could
be an additional benefit.

-W