xsl-list

Re: [xsl] document function cached?

2013-02-08 15:01:22
The requirement in the spec is that if you call document() twice with the same URI during the same transformation, you get the same document back (where "same" is defined in terms of node-identity: count(a|b) = 1.)

In practice, implementations achieve this by caching the document.

Saxon has an extension, saxon:discard-document(), whose effect is to disable this caching.

Michael Kay
Saxonica