xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.1 available as open source

2013-02-23 11:03:23
Thanks Michael, that is really great.

Just figured out how to register and posted my first question in Saxon-CE
forum:
https://saxonica.plan.io/boards/1/topics/5550

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Level 3 support for XML Compiler team and Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/HermannSW/
https://twitter.com/HermannSW/
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Xsl-List <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |02/22/2013 07:24 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |[xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.1 available as open source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

We are pleased to announce that Saxon-CE 1.1 is now available as an open
source product. This is Saxonica's implementation of XSLT 2.0 for the
browser.

Details are here: http://www.saxonica.com/ce/index.xml

If you haven't come across Saxon-CE, it's not only XSLT 2.0 running on
the browser doing the kind of things you might have done with XSLT 1.0,
but it's a complete programming language for web applications, doing all
the things you would otherwise have needed to do in Javascript.

If you want to see the product in action, open the documentation, which
is delivered as a Saxon-CE application. The documentation also gives
background information about the design thinking behind the product and
the way it was built.

We hope that by making this technology open source, we are removing one
of the big obstacles to the use of XSLT 2.0, and indeed to the use of
XML and XSLT on the web. We hope to see lots of exciting applications in
the months ahead.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

--~--