xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Support for lookaround regexp in XSLT -- any time soon?

2013-02-28 21:40:12
On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 03:11 +0000, Manuel Souto Pico wrote:
Thank you, Liam.

I will have a look at the W3C Bugzilla and will try to add a feature
request.

Cool. The worst that can happen is someone can tell you it' already
there, or that we won't do it in this version :)  Your "bug"/request
should be filed against XPath and XQuery Functions and Operators in this
case, because that's where replace() and matches() are defined.

 It's good that it's so relatively easy to have features
included in the language.
W3C Process requires Working Groups to consider all public comments.

Of course, they might turn round and say "no" :-)

The reason why this is needed is to be able to find all kinds patterns
in XML files, as a kind of linguistic quality control. Lack of
lookaround assertions is a serious limitation when using XSLT to
generate reports based on the input XML document.

Actually I 100% agree, I use them in other languages.

Liam