xsl-list

Re: [xsl] 3D XSLT - Experience and Feedback Welcome

2013-03-19 08:44:32
At 2013-03-19 12:41 +0100, Eric Bréchemier wrote:
This is an attempt to formalize my experience with a design pattern
that I call 3D XSLT, which consists in feeding an extra document to
the transformation with elements that carry no information but their
name, for the sole purpose of rule-based matching. I'd be glad to
gather feedback and alternatives to this approach.

While baking [1] a web site, generating in advance all the HTML pages
from a database of manga titles and authors in XML format, I felt the
need to introduce an extra dimension to the transformation.

What I mean by dimension is a vector that directs the flow of the data
transformation in a direction.

I am reminded of work I did a while ago in automating the synthesis of XSLT.

Back in 2002/2003 I created a couple environments that use a prototypical result document to direct the flow of the transformation (if I've understood what I've read from your post). This environment synthesizes XSLT stylesheets by annotating the prototypical result document with triggers that talk about data elements that are feeding the creation of the result. A process then creates the XSLT to use against the data to mimic the prototypical result.

Can you suggest simpler alternatives?

Perhaps these might help in some small way ... I know they have helped others:

  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/#literatexslt
  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/#resultxslt

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Apr 2013 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |

Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about |
Legal business disclaimers:    http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |