xsl-list

Re: [xsl] What is the best solution?

2013-03-25 21:48:27
We need more information, like what XSLT version/processor are you
using?  Are you trying to do this in browsers?  That sort of thing...

<advocacy>
My advice has more to do with your HTML, I'm a big fan of accessible
table markup styled with CSS, i.e. no @align, don't forget <tbody> and
<thead>, and don't be afraid to use <th> for table headings.  Just a
little effort in the XSLT and the resulting table, even if it's large,
is highly machine-readable, thus easily navigable by assistive devices.
I'm also a big fan of <caption> nested under <table>; this advice holds
for HTML 5.  XSLT makes it easy to generate beautiful, accessible
tables, so why not give it a try?
</advocacy>

-Eric