xsl-list

[xsl] Reading external XML file XSLT2.0

2013-05-08 04:57:35
Hi all,

I am wondering what could be possibly wrong with my code, while I am
trying to read external XML (book_meta.xml) file in my style sheet. The
codes looks like below. I am working on Windows on XSLT2.0

      <xsl:variable name="extNode" select="tokenize(document-uri(.),
'\.')[last()-2],'book_meta.xml'"/>

       <xsl:value-of select="$extNode/book-meta/book/@author"/> Error
shows here

Engine name: Saxon-EE 9.3.0.5
Severity: fatal
supplied value has item type xs:string
Start location: 46:65

Is it something do with OS Windows, since way back I used to similar
manner on MAC and worked like charm even in XSLT1.0 on xsltproc.

Best,
Pankaj Chaturvedi