xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Unicode accented letters to simple ASCII equivalents

2013-05-10 15:15:32
On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 20:03 +0200, Wolfgang Laun wrote:
On 10/05/2013, Liam R E Quin <liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org> wrote:
[...]
ä, ö, ü  represented as ae, oe, ue is acceptable in German, but in
Hungarian, [not]

Right, sorry if I wasn't clear enough - it depends on language &
context.
[...]

and if
you need all-seven-bit output Æ can turn to Ae or AE, ẞ to ss,

These are not strictly letters with diacritical marks, but I suspect
that the original problem is either much simpler (and hasn't been
posted as such) or much more than the elimination of diacritical
marks.

Yes, I suspected the same too, hence no actual solution is possible
yet :)

Liam