xsl-list

[xsl] [announce] W3C Workshop/industry consultation event in Paris, September 16th/17th, regarding publishing workflow

2013-06-17 22:29:51
I shall be co-chairing a W3C Workshop in Paris in September,
along with Peter Linss of HP, on the area of digital publishing,
particularly to print.

The question is: what changes do we need to make to the Open Web
Platform to make it the obvious suitable choice as a platform for print
publishing? ... e.g....
. authoring in the browser
. content management & workflow
. using CSS and XSLT to generate XHTML for print
  (this obviously includes the question of what needs to be done
  to CSS, polite answers on a postcard please... :-))
. how to control imposition, binding, finishing,
  all the rest of the workflow to create a physical object
. issues around multiple outputs, marketing, branding...

http://www.w3.org/2012/12/global-publisher/

The event is free to attend (you're on your own for hotels and food
though, and right now we don't have a lunch sponsor), but you have to
submit at least a short position paper. Feel free to contact me directly
if you're not sure about position papers.

I also wrote a blog post about it here:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/06/w3c_workshop_industry_consulta.html

Liam

The barefoot typographer