xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XML database ideas?

2013-06-20 16:00:06
You should get a shot a BaseX http://basex.org/

Xmlizer

2013/6/20 Mark Giffin <m1879(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net>:
I have XSLT that uses MS Excel XML files stored on the filesystem as lookup
tables. The XSLT produces config files and reports. The data in the Excel
files is entered manually. The Excel files are getting large and unwieldy.
I'm thinking that a database of some kind would be a good replacement for
them, but I have no idea what to use. I'd prefer something open source but
it's not a hard requirement. I'd like to keep my current XSLT as much as
possible and use it to access the database. The database needs a
user-friendly user interface of some kind (maybe web based?) to manually
enter the data.

I've thought of using exist, mysql, maybe redis, but I need more data. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark

--~--