xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Please Confirm that xsl:document instruction cannot have a document URI

2013-08-28 11:25:33
On 28/08/2013 17:17, Eliot Kimber wrote:
I tried to find an answer to this question but neither Google nor MarkMail
revealed a definitive answer.

I have code that constructs a document using <xsl:document> and then passes
it to a 3rd-party function library that expects the input document to have a
URI so that it can then resolve relative URI references.

Based on my reading of the XSLT 2 spec and what I could find in my searches,
it appears that there is no standard way to define a document URI for
documents created using <xsl:document>.

This seems like a bit of an oversight in the spec, so I wanted to get
confirmation that my analysis is correct, that I cannot use <xsl:document>
alone as input to functions that expect to get a non-null document-uri()
value.

Thanks,

Eliot

The spec says

The base URI of the new document node is taken from the base URI of the
xsl:document instruction.

so you should be able to go

<xsl:document xml:base="www.example.com">.....

David