xsl-list

Re: [xsl] enclosing consecutive XHTML heading elements into <hgroup />, etc.

2013-09-27 03:24:49
Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)wendellpiez(_dot_)com> writes:

[…]

This is much much easier in XSLT 2.0 using xsl:for-each-group.  In
this case, I'd consider and test @group-starting-with="a | aa".

        ACK, thanks!  I was pretty sure that I’ve seen an XSLT 2.0
        construct for just this kind of things, and indeed that’s it!

All by itself this capability is sufficient reason to use XSLT 2.0
whenever possible.  I hope this option is available to you.

        Alas, I know of no XSLT 2.0 implementations which are /both/
        free software and non-Java.  (The problem with Java is that it’s
        just too much a burden to take for just a single software
        package that will ever use it.)

--
FSF associate member #7257