xsl-list

Re: [xsl] FO profiling

2013-10-03 07:52:56
On Thu, October 3, 2013 11:46 am, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
I'm wondering what other people do when profiling FOP. It would be
nice to see a detailed list of hotspots like when using the XSLT
profiler in Oxygen. I'm not much for doing the detailed time stamping
of the FO output myself, if products doing it in a more professional
and user-friendly way exist.

I don't see any switch in the FOP documentation, I can turn on/off,
but maybe I haven't looked long enough?

I haven't tried it, but you could try setting the FOP logging level to
DEBUG [1][2] and see if the timestamps in the log file tell you anything
sensible.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham(_at_)mentea(_dot_)net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming
       Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowTo/SetupJDK14Logging
[2] https://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowTo/SetupLog4JLogging