xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Escaping Characters in replace()

2013-10-15 12:50:09
Ivan Shmakov <oneingray(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:
Nathan Tallman <ntallman(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

[…]

Also, I seem to be able to delete the backslash in front of the
period in the second argument without causing problems...  Why is
that?)

The probable cause is that the source text doesn’t contain any
sequences of the form ⟨any character other than ‘.’⟩⟨"⟩ in the
context replace () is applied to.  Otherwise, these would also be
replaced with ⟨".⟩, as in:

Source: <unittitle>"Mary had a little lamb"</unittitle>

Result: <unittitle>"Mary had a little lam."</unittitle>

        The above should (obviously) have been the other way around –
        ⟨"⟩⟨any character other than ‘.’⟩, with the example being, say:

   Source: <unittitle>"Mary had a little lamb" </unittitle>
   Result: <unittitle>"Mary had a little lamb."</unittitle>

        My guess is that such “source” element’s text is indeed a bit
        unlikely to occur.

--
FSF associate member #7257